For those of you who aren't able to see her much, I'll fill ya in on some of her latest developments...she walks!!!! Madilyn was bound and determined to start walking and finally figured out how to do it a few weeks before her birthday. She's a pro now! You can't tell her that she can't do anything that big kids can do! The exception would be when it comes to eatting. She is starting to eat more table food, but the wierdest thing is that this child doesn't chew! She has the amazing ability to turn her tongue over and twist it, so that's what she does with her food...rolls it around in her mouth before swallowing (seriously, I'm going to have to try and catch it on video sometime...I can't make my tongue do what she does without even thinking about it!) Because of that, we've got to limit her to pretty soft foods...and bread. The girl can put away some bread!!
She also loves to push buttons of any kind - telephone, calculator, keyboard, remote controls, toys, etc. If it's got a button, she wants to push it! She also loves music and dancing. She hasn't shown much interest in TV (no complaints here), but when "Dancing with the Stars" is on she really stops and watches those couples dance. She does her own interpretive "bebop" dance to go along with it!
Lucky for her, we have a dog and cat, too, because she gets so excited around animals. The lucky thing for us is that they have an uncanny way of cheering her up when she's grumpy. Lucky for Max & Thomas, they're patient with her, so they avoid getting in trouble! We feel sorry for them sometimes because she "loves" them a little too agressively! The only animal that we've seen scare Madilyn so far is one of Aunt Lori's horses that she got to pet up close and personal in the shaddows of night. I think that big horse head coming right at her in the dark was just a little much to handle!
We've definitely got a little girl with personality, though. She can't help but light up around people. She LOVES to show off. It cracks us up when we're out in public with her and she's getting fussy and figity b/c she's bored....then someone walks by her and she starts waving, "talking" to them, and very purposefully putting on her "cutie pie" face, so that they'll tell her how adorable she is! I don't know what she's going to be when she grows up, but I know it won't be anything in a quiet office where she works all by herself. She thrives on interaction with others way too much for that!
This picture isn't the best quality b/c it's a picture of a picture,
but I wanted to share some of her one-year poses from the photographer.
I wish you could get the full effect of how bright blue her eyes shine.
They're just beautiful!
but she's got a hot pink shirt on with the green shrubbery behind
her and in color, it's just gorgeous! Can you see her 2 little teeth?!
Those are still the only 2 we've got, but I think they're just adorable!
(Can you tell I'm bias at all?!)
cock her head and put on that big grin. She's learning young
b/c even if she's in trouble and does that, you can't help but smile at her!
and at home and she LOVES it! She loves to open the door and
crawl through, open and close the window, spin the sun/moon
thing up top, and push the doorbell and light buttons on it.
To top it all off, it has "radio" music buttons that play tunes, too -
it's the perfect thing for an inquisitive little girl!




2 comments:
I totally understand the child's love for bread! I love it and so does Tucker. He will ask for bread before anything else. It's crazy!
The loving interaction - Tucker does the same thing. If we go anywhere he will wave and say hi to everyone. It's really sweet!
I'm amazed at how she has changed over this past year. She totally fits into your family! WHICH IS SO AWESOME to me!! I think she is a little Cheryl! :) The hair always has me drooling as do those chubby legs!!!
Loved reading your post!
I'm feeling caught up and almost want to say it was worth the wait ;)
Hope you don't let so much time lapse before we get our "Madi Fix" again.
Post a Comment