Thursday, November 6, 2008

Birthday Girl!

Before leaving for work on her birthday, I tried to get some good pictures of our birthday girl. That didn't work out so well because she started misbehaving and got in trouble. Sooo...I tried again by going to her daycare at lunch - success!!!


Here she is at home noticing her birthday banner
(and the cards on top of the mantle)


Here's one of our first attempts. This was actually sweet
with Madilyn getting her card off the mantle. (Scott hadn't
finished getting dressed for the day...I promise he
wears more than a white t-shirt to work!)

Madilyn's Great-Grandma Sprouse sent her a card
that had a bear pop out of it...she LOVED it!

I never would have dreamed that the child would
have enjoyed her cards so much, but she
inspected every single one of them!!!

...and that was it for the morning!
This is after she got in trouble for not obeying :)

This doesn't look like a very happy birthday girl, does it?!
She certainly can give some "looks" when she wants to!

Is it any wonder why I love picking this little girl up in
the afternoons?! This is her getting excited to see that
Mommy just came in (and "running" to me if you
couldn't pick up on that from the picture)

The scenario of this picture goes like this...
"Madilyn, look at Mommy and smile!"...to which Madilyn
realizes that Mommy has a camera that's nice and shiney.
She's certain she would love to play with it if
Mommy would just hand it to her!

Here's our animated little girl going
after a toy she just spotted :)

Did these cookies not turn out precious?!
I thought it would be a fun treat to share with the
other kids and teachers on her birthday.

She wasn't too sure what to do with that big cookie at first.
It didn't take her long to figure it out, though!

"Mom, don't bother me with pictures right now...
I've got some serious concentrating to do on this cookie!"

Oooohhhh!!! This is good stuff!

Here's Madilyn at Daycare enjoying her cookies
with her friends Emma & Maddox

2 comments:

The Sims Family said...

Ok! Her running towards you when you are picking her up - SO WORTH THE DROP OFF! I love it! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm loving reading your blog again!
Great pictures and captions, such good laughs!

Love, Mom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers