Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Anyone Want to Go for a Ride???

For her birthday, Madilyn's Grandparents (my parents and grandmother) went in together to get her a brand new wagon. One would think that this is a fairly common item for every kid to have, but I honestly think that the Savage clan gets more entertainment out of it than most! The pictures below were mostly taken later in the day after Madilyn's party, but she still loves to go for rides in the wagon...even if it's just around the yard : )

Here she is pulling the paper off of the wrapped up present
(remember seeing the pic of Kinsey & Liz wrapping it up??)

She's such a smart little girl! She saw Mommy blow the
blower, so she wanted to figure out how to do it, too!

After the party, Madilyn wanted
to "help" Daddy put it together!

For the record, these are not posed photos! She actually
climbed in and sat in the wagon by herself and then picked
up the instructions so that she could tell Daddy how to do it!
(Ok, that part may not be the truth...it may have been that
she just likes paper in general...the rest is pure truth, though!)

Madilyn didn't get to stay and help Daddy, though,
b/c Mommy made her go upstairs and take a nap with her
(remember how exhausted I was?! I didn't have the energy
to fight Madilyn to take a nap on her own, so I concluded that
it would be just fine if she laid down and took a nap with me!)
Scott's sister, Lori, filled in and helped him put
it together while we were sleeping.

In order to test the labor efforts,
Scott took Lori for the "trial run"!

Who could just let it sit there, though?!
It needed a good run outside, so Lori, Bailey,
& Scott volunteered for the job!

After Madilyn and I got up from our nap, they were still
outside playing with the wagon, so Madilyn got to go for a ride with Elyse!

As things typically do, one activity led into another and
Scott decided that if everyone was enjoying riding around
in the wagon, he'd pull his 4 wheeler out for a few rides, too :)

Isn't this sweet?! Madilyn really
was "running" to go get her Daddy!

For whatever reason, she just decided that she wanted
to be a Daddy's girl that afternoon : ) I didn't mind...those are
two of my favorite people there in that picture together!

Here's Madilyn on a ride with her Daddy (don't worry...he's
going at a snail speed). The hum of the motor ALWAYS puts
her to sleep, though! I wish you could see her big yawn better
in this picture - she'll literally become a limp noodle after too long!

This picture is a little bit out of order...you'll get the story
behind the tube in a minute. Can you tell that Madilyn
hasn't quite completely woken up from her nap, though?!

It's never a dull moment at the Savage house!
Who needs a boat & water when you have a 4-wheeler & grass?!

Here's Scott's brother-in-law, Paul, helping to set
up the rig behind the 4-wheeler for the girls

After the girls went for a few rides, Kinsey put Scott
up to the challege of seeing if he could get him
to fall off....it didn't happen!

A picture is worth 1000 words, right?!
Elyse had an absolute BLAST on this thing!

Here's Kinsey on another round. It's hard to get this
teenage boy to actually crack a smile, but he couldn't
help himself out there with Scott!

It didn't take long before we realized that helmets
would be a good idea for the riders...it
didn't quite fit Madilyn, though! :)

Never fear, the excitement of the 4-wheeler didn't take
Madilyn's interest off her wagon! (Just thought that I'd mention
that it was her Grandma who let her stand up in this thing...not Mommy!)

Grandma's sure are good for having fun
when Mommy & Daddy are at work! :)

Here we are just going for a ride around the yard
one evening (Look real close & you'll see
Madilyn making a "fish face"!)

One of Madilyn's simple pleasures in life...just sitting
in her wagon (if I had to place a bet, I'd say she's
probably watching one of the dogs)

Here we are again, standing up in the wagon & loving life!
You would think that Madilyn's Grandma would have seen her
fall enough to know better than to let her get away with this!


1 comment:

The Sims Family said...

I love that precious fish face! She is so your child - I love how much she looks like you!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers