(This post is coming from Karen, Cheryl's sister.)
I was tired of checking the blog with no new entries or updates, so I had to resort to phoning to find out an update on my neice. It sounds as if the Savage 3 have had a busy week, and no time to keep blogger land updated. Cheryl said she's had a lot to do like buying groceries and feeding Madilyn and taking care of Madilyn and trying to get sleep whenever possible and updating the baby registeries that posting a blog wasn't top priority...I must remember to have a chat to Cheryl about how she prioritises :)
From what I learned in our phone call....
The Savages went home to Arkansas on Tuesday; they got home 2:30 and were asleep by 3. This messed up Madilyn's sleeping schedule so instead of sleeping a good 3-4 hours at a time she was only sleeping 2 hours.
Wednesday was Madilyn's 6 week 'birthday' and Cheryl took Madilyn to see Dr Carl. Madilyn is a healthy baby girl weighing in a 10lbs. Unfortunately Cheryl forgot to take her camera to the doctor's office - luckily Dr. Carl (who's a friend) had a camera, so they have a picture of the first doctor's visit.
Thursday Cheryl went on a far over due grocery shopping trip. Apparently their cupboards were bare and what little food they had spoiled while they were away for 2 weeks. 4 hours later and $300 lighter they headed home from WalMart (Cheryl did say that she also registered at WalMart for those of you wanting to know what they need).
Yesterday Cheryl's friend Paige came round to meet Madilyn. They took a trip to Target to update the registry. Nana and Papa (Scott's parents) came by that evening for a visit. After that big grocery shop the Savages feasted on - wait for it - fish sticks! Scott was making tater sauce but didn't have enough mayo (I guess Cheryl forgot to get mayo). So Scott went to the convenient store to get some where met some good friends of theirs that moved down to Texas a while back. So [good friends]* got to come around and meet Madilyn as well. (Why does everyone get to meet her before me...that's just not fair.)
This morning was an early start so they could make it to Madilyn's first baby shower. There were a few last minute changes in the shower's location, and a friend needed to go to the doctor's unexpectedly and needed some help with her son. So it's been a chaotic morning by the sounds of it.
And that's all the news I have. I know Cheryl and Scott live out of town and thus only have a dial-up internet connection. So their posts might be slow in coming. Cheryl did say she hoped to update the blog tonight or tomorrow, she'll be able to woo everyone with new pictures.
*didn't catch the friends' names, sorry.

2 comments:
The update is much appreciated. Things must be qute crazy now that they are back at home and don't have Grandma to help right down the hall. Hopefully things will settle down in a few days and Cheryl will update for us. Thanks Karen for keeping us blog readers up-to-date.
I was happy to help. I figured there must be others like me checking the blog each day anxious for an update.
Post a Comment