Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Our First Day at Daycare!

Well, I believe that Madilyn is officially as big as Thomas now.
When I decided to take the picture to show everyone,
Thomas didn't think he wanted to be outdone, though, so he
stretched to show that he could still get taller than Madi could!


Daddy was working on some sketches for a freelance
project one evening, so Madilyn decided that she might should
sit with him and oversee his work to make sure that she approved
(for those of you that are worried that her seat looks like
it's about to fall off the table, don't worry...I think it's just an
illusion of the picture. I promise we're not careless enough
to let her fall off the table!)


Madilyn has enjoyed her swing since she got it at Christmas,
but only recently has she discovered the mirror on the bottom
of her mobile where she can see herself. How cute is that?!


Madilyn LOVES to play with Ms. Heather at daycare!
There are so many colors all over and tons of toys to play with!
Our floors at home don't have all these pretty colors!


This is Madilyn with her teacher, Ms. Heather.

Karen has apparently lost faith that I'll post to the blog myself anymore! Believe it or not, I have current pictures to share!! (It was pretty cute seeing the poo face picture, though. She makes that same face EVERY time she goes at the same time as she grunts! How funny is that?! It was also funny seeing all those bows on Madi's head at one time. I never saw that pic until Karen posted it!

Madi has done great her first two half days at daycare. Since she's going to a brand new daycare (just opened last week), there are only 2 babies in her class right now. She likes having her friend, Caroline, to play with, though! Her teacher, Ms. Heather, is also loads of fun! It was definitely hard to leave her there, but contrary to popular belief, I didn't cry one actual tear!!! Granted, I did have lumps in my throat and stomach, but I didn't actually cry. I think it has helped breaking in slow by only leaving her there for a few hours this week. Next week, she's got her 4 month immunizations on Monday, so Scott's going to keep her for the day, and then she'll stay with her Nana on Friday while Scott helps his dad with remodeling projects around their house. Sooo...she'll be at daycare full time, but it will only be 3 days instead of five. I HATE having to drop her off and leave, but I am actually enjoying being back at work and starting to use my brain again. If only I could keep her myself and go to work it would be the perfect combination!

Scott continues the job hunt. He's got some great leads and contacts, but nothing solid yet. The unfortunate part about the business he's in is that they don't typically post openings for designers like him. It's all about a word of mouth sort of contact business - so and so knows this Director over at such and such firm and they mentioned that they could use some help...or it may just be that you talk to the right person who hasn't even mentioned that they wanted a new designer, but they'd been brainstorming business opportunities in their head and hadn't decided to do anything about it until they heard about or met Scott. Sooo...just continue to keep him in your prayers that he'll meet the right person soon and God will lead him to a new perfect job!

4 comments:

karen said...

How impressed am I?! I was sure you'd be way too busy to post this week.
Madilyn is getting SO big. I can't believe she's already caught up with Thomas - it's only been 4 weeks since I last saw her. I guess you'll have to bring her over to visit me so I can see her again!
The face that she's pulling in her swing picture makes her look like Gma S. How funny!

Rachel said...

Hey Cheryl! I have found your blog a time or two - she is so dang cute! I was glad I got to sit by her at church the other night. We bonded for sure. I ended up just changing my blog myself. I created the new header in Publisher and saved it as a jpeg, then added it to my layout. I can tell you how if you want.
The website that will do it for you is http://jennisajoy.blogspot.com/ and she charges $25 and her stuff is really cute. Check it out.

Anonymous said...

Between you and Karen we should know everything about the Savages! I love the "Seester" cake and the 31 reasons...and of course the sweet pix of Madi. She really is growing, and just being her cute little self. Watch out, Thomas, you'll be her target one of these days!!!
Love, Sherry/YaYa

Anonymous said...

Grandma appreciates your effort to make these posts and keep her up to date on baby Madilyn! It helps since there are so many miles seperating us.

hugs and kisses!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers