Well, I got the pictures to post after all. Apparently, I just had a brief computer glitch this afternoon when they weren't showing up. Back in mid-June (a week after our adoption finalization), Scott and I got to go to New York City for vacation. We would have taken Madilyn, but it's not exactly a "baby friendly" sort of town, so she stayed home. Part of the time we were gone, she stayed with our good friends, Ben & Angie, and the other part, my mom took vacation to come up here and be with Madilyn. Either way, she was spoiled rotten.
Scott had been to NYC on business before, but I'd never been. We had a great time, but we both agreed that we enjoyed our southern lifestyle in Arkansas and weren't willing to give it up to live in the big city! Plus, it was too hard on me to be away from Madilyn for an entire week, so I was ready to come home after it was all over!
(I loaded the pictures backwards, so look at them from the bottom up....)
(An hour sure goes by quickly...this trip was all the pictures I had time to load on my lunch break. I'll have to share more of Madilyn after work this evening.)
Mommy sure was happy to see Madilyn at the airport
when we got back! I literally ran out of the airplane to
go get her...and can you believe that Scott tried to get in my
way to get to her first?! I wasn't going to have any of that
non-sense! It was really sweet - Madilyn had made a
welcome home sign for us with her Grandma.
What a great thing to come home to!!
was imazing. If it weren't for the reflection in the glass, you wouldn't
have known I wasn't standing right next to a living tiger!
Go Bisons! We just had to take this picture at the
museum to show our Harding spirit!
Scott really wanted to go to the Natural History museum
while we were there, and I can't say it was a disappointment.
It was crowded and extremely large, but I have to admit that
there were some quite impressive displays.
What a treat! Just as we were leaving the Empire State Building
at dinner time, we discovered my favorite restaurant in the
entire world! I have now eaten at Chipotle in 5 different
states, and multiple cities :)
On the same day that we went to the Statue of Liberty and
walked the Brooklyn Bridge, we also went to the Empire State
Building. Scott still looks pretty chipper, but I think
my "tiredness" is showing through!
This is NOT a very flattering picture of me, but I wanted to
show proof that I did walk the Brooklyn Bridge. That's actually
quite the story, b/c we walked to it from about a mile away...and
then had to walk several miles in Brooklyn to catch our bus back.
If you see me w/ a sunburn in any of the other photos, this is how I got it!
This was another self portrait from the boat.
Looks like Scott's got a statue on his head!
Can you tell by my hair that the boat ride over
we just happened to run into on our way back to the hotel one
evening - Mario Lopez! I tried to get Scott to push his way into
the crowd to get a good picture, but he refused to fight all the
crazed women, so I had to do it myself :)

Our hotel was just a block off of Times Square -
we had a GREAT location to be right in the middle of all the action!
Scott enjoyed going to the largest Toys R Us in the world,
as well as, FAO Swartz Toy Store while we were in NYC!
Both of them had pretty cool Lego displays, but this one of
Chewy was pretty impressive!
This was really interesting to me...it's an airplane window
that was recovered in the World Trade Center rubble and is
now on display in a little museum just outside of Ground Zero.
We're looking a little rough here b/c we got up around 5:00am
to go to the Today Show. Basically, we learned that we would
have had to camp out to have gotten around the outside stage,
but that was ok b/c I mainly wanted to see Matt & Meridith.
We did get pretty close to them, too! That's their news desk behind
the window we're in front of! (I wanted to see Al, as well,
but he wasn't there the day we were)




1 comment:
Looks like a fun trip to NYC. Very cool that you saw Mario Lopez. And boy DID you get a sunburn! Looks quite painful in the pic next to the tiger.
I also thought the story of Scott trying to beat you to Madi was funny. I would be willing to bet he did that just cause you were going on about getting to her and he did it to wind you up a bit. Got to love him.
Anyway, it's good to see and hear about you and Scott, I lvoe seeing and hearing about Madi, but miss hearing about you two.
Can't wait for your visit in 2010!
Post a Comment