Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Madi has Hair!!!!

Well, you know that mommys who have little girls just love playing with their hair! Well, little Miss Madilyn now has hair that is coming in pretty full...and curly! Thought you'd enjoy some of the fun little tricks it can do!

We attempted a mohawk with gel, but since
Madilyn's hair is curly, we didn't quite get the "spike" -
it was still pretty funny to her, though!

This picture was actually just taken this past Friday
as we were getting ready to go to daycare. I finally found
some tiny "baby size" elastics to put her hair in little pigtails.
If that doesn't put a smile on your face, I don't know what will!!
(Scott and I bought her that shirt at M&M World in NYC)


So after having her hair in pigtails all day on Friday, her hair stayed standing "straight" up on Saturday. It wasn't going to lay down without being washed, and we didn't want to mess with that on a Saturday morning. So, we just went and showed our pigtails off to Nana & Papa (Scott's parents). Nana thought it was so funny that she wanted Madi to wear them to church on Sunday, but Mommy was tired of them by then :) (Oh yeah...we still have some fantastic thighs!!!)

3 comments:

karen said...

That sure is a nice car seat!

As for the pigtails....you sure are Jean Gilbert's daughter. Please oh please promise me not to give her loops! :-)

Anonymous said...

I started to say I couldn't believe her hair has grown SO MUCH in such a short time....but then I realized this is your first post in FOREVER!! Get that camera going, girl!! Inquiring minds want to know! She is too cute to keep "under wraps". Give her a big Texas squeeze from YaYa!!!!
Love, Sherry

Scott and Cheryl said...

Karen, the car seat that you bought Madi is much better. This is the "spare" one that is in Scott's truck. We actually need to clean it up a bit, but it hasn't been at the top of the priority list.

Oh, and no promises about not giving her loops! A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do to look cute! :)

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers