So did you think that we had completely forgotten about the blog altogether?! Well, we haven't. We've just been busy. I stand by the excuse of being a working mother who's going to school isn't the easiest job ever done! That's really not a good excuse, though. I know that you all have been waiting and wondering about updates on Madilyn.
As for her health, we finally got a call from Dr. Carl on Friday afternoon. For those who haven't already heard, the delay was caused by someone at Children's Hospital in LR placing Madilyn's files on someone's desk who was out of the office. Is it Murphy's law that this is a typical thing to happen to us?! Well, after many phone calls from Carl's nurse, they finally got the results sent to him. The ECHO test showed that Madilyn does have a hole in her heart, but it shouldn't be anything to worry about. It's a very common hole with newborns and it should close up on it's own with age. However, the test also showed that Madilyn has slow blood flow. The two issues could be related, but Carl is going to refer us to a pediatric cardiologist in Little Rock to evaluate her and determine the cause of the blood flow issues for sure. In summary, he basically said that the test showed that there was an issue that needs to be addressed, but it's nothing to get too terribly worried or upset about right now. We haven't gotten a date for our appt with the cardiologist yet, but I don't expect it to come until sometime in June or July.
If you were to lay eyes on this little girl, you'd never know there was a thing to worry about, though! She is growing SO fast!!! Would you believe that her little pop belly is wearing size 6-9 month clothing....and pushing the 9 month size more and more?! She is really starting to show her personality. She can easily sit up on her own, and she's trying really hard to push up on her belly so that she can start crawling. She hasn't quite gotten the hang of that yet, though. So far, she'll just roll herself around until she can somehow wiggle her way towards her goal (whether that be her paci, a toy, or one of the pets!) She "talks" a lot - especially first thing in the morning and at night right before bedtime - go figure. Other noteworthy accomplishments include working on identifying "dadadada" (Scott really likes that!) and turning into quite the little momma's girl! She's my little cuddle bug (much to her daddy's dismay!)
That's about all for the Savage update from Arkansas! The weather is finally starting to turn pretty and we're looking forward to getting outside more and enjoying the pretty sunshine! Hope all of you are able to do the same!

4 comments:
Thanks for the update! I will continue praying that her little "holey heart" will take care of itself and get well very soon. Also, that her circulation will speed up!! I'll be anxious for the LR app't to take place and I pray that by the time she goes for that one, she'll be absolutely well. Perfect.
Love you,
Sherry/YaYa
WOW! You really did update it. I'm impressed. I won't doubt you next time - what am I saying. Of course I'll doubt you :-)
Finally! I was worried about you guys. Dont worry too much about her heart until you know something. It could be exactly what my Nate has...is the hole called PFO? He had that and they said it would close up by about 12 months but his just finally did. Also, he has "high voltage" or fast blood flow! The opposite of Madi. His cardiologist just dismissed him saying he was fine..nothing to worry about. He saw him every couple of months for 2 years. I worried and still do but these pediatric cardiologists are awesome! Childrens is a great hospital no matter what state and they are just top notch! We will pray for Madi thru it and hope it is nothing. :)
Cheryl, she is beautiful! Prayer works as you know - so we are praying for the health issues! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment