Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Madi's ECHO test

Karen here again. Cheryl and Scott are having problems getting onto their bloggger account at the moment, so it looks like you're stuck with my updates for the moment. I received an email from Cheryl last night:
"Madi's test went well, yesterday [Monday]. For those who don't know what an ECHO test is, they basically took an ultrasound of her heart....taking nearly 100 pictures of it from all different types of angles along the way. The hardest part was trying to keep her perfectly still. That's not easy for a 6-month-old! Madilyn's doctor even gave her some medicine that should have made her sleepy, but we think it had the opposite effect. She was in the most up-beat playful mood. She was talking and entertaining everyone in the waiting area! In order to get her to be still, I finally fed her a bottle and held her hands still while the guy did her test. The pictures have to be sent to Children's Hospital in Little Rock to be read and then the results will be sent back to Madilyn's primary care doctor. We're hoping to hear something next week"


I've not got anymore up-to-date pictures, but I've been told it's against the rules to post without pictures, so I've included one from my last visit to the States (in March). This is Cheryl and Madi arriving at Grandma Gilbert's house to surprise her grandparents.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers continue that all is well with Miss Madi's little thumper!! Do keep us posted! Love, Sherry/YaYa

Anonymous said...

Cheryl,
I know how hard it is to keep them still during that test! Nate has seen a pediatric cardiologist since he was a month old. I will be praying for Madi and cant wait to hear what the results are. Im sure everything will be fine.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers