Friday, April 30, 2010

The Good Life!!

I know you are all going to be shocked, but YES...this is Cheryl posting! Yesterday's events were just too fun not to share...I was scheduled to go for pedicures after work with some of my girlfriends in order to celebrate 2 birthdays and my graduation (Yes - I am officially finished with my master's degree - YEAH!!!). I typically pick Madi up from daycare, but since I had plans, Scott was going to do it, but he wasn’t sure if he’d be able to get there in time. Sooo…the new plan was for me to take her to the salon with me and Scott would pick her up from there. Turns out, that plan worked out well b/c Madi had her second day IN A ROW with NO potty accidents! Yeah!!!!! That's a big deal for both the kid who is potty training and her parents who have to clean all those clothes!! When she goes a full day without any accidents, she typically gets an ice cream treat, but under the circumstances, I told her that she could go with Mommy to get her nails painted as her treat instead.

I say all of that in order to set up the attached pictures. The salon we went to actually had mini pedicure chairs for kids with a little DVD player that had the movie, Madagascar, playing. They didn’t just paint Madilyn’s toes, they painted her fingernails and gave her a full blown pedicure with salt in the water, leg massage, and warm towels!

Needless to say, she felt like quite a big girl, and was happy to show Daddy her “sparkly” fingers and toes when he got there to pick her up!!


Notice how Madi is holding her nails in order to dry them :-)

She fell at school yesterday, so she's showing the
lady the band-aid covering her "boo-boo"

Now, she's been treated to the good life!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!! How special! Such a little darling! Mmmwah! Love, Mom / Grandma

Anonymous said...

what a big girl!!! I love it!!
Sherry/YaYa

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers