Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Another Allergy Update

My mom decided that Madilyn HAD to have something
special and green to wear on St. Patrick's Day this
year, so she sent her this little dress she found. It would
have been cuter if Madilyn would have smiled for the
picture, but I was distracting her from talking
to the baby in the mirror!


I know you've seen Madilyn's rosey cheeks already, but
here's a close up that we took to show the doctor what
happens when Madilyn eats something that apparently isn't
her friend. It looks quite a bit like "wind burn" on her face,
but according to the doctor, it's just another form of eczema.


Thank you, Karen, for updating! I will add an addendum to her comments in the last message, though....when I texted her to call me, it was at least 2-3 hours later when she actually did! I've been at home all week with the flu, so by that time, I had gone back to bed! Sisters...never can cut you a break! :)

Well, we got a call back from Madilyn's allergy doctor today. I'm not quite sure about the specific details (if any of you are in the medical profession, you may have a better idea of what I'm talking about). When they tested Madilyn's blood, her levels were only at a #7...in order for the blood tests to work and show the foods she's allergic to, they would have to be a level 13. Soooo...her blood was not tested for wheat, eggs, peanuts, or milk (those were the 4 things Karen couldn't remember...fish was never in there). Our next step is to take Madilyn back to the allergy clinic on Tuesday at 2:45 and they'll have to give her the dreaded skin pricks for those 4 foods to see how her skin reacts when it comes in contact with those allergens. Ugh...just when we thought she had done so well with the needles, she's going to have to endure 4 more. Oh well. You gotta do what you gotta do!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new things you learn as a parent!

You are always in our prayers, Mom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers