Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Visit with Friends

The weekend before Thanksgiving, we went to Tennessee for a short visit with Scott's brother's family. While there, Madilyn and I were able to make a short drive north to visit with some friends of ours, Ed, Amy & Tucker Sims (we got to be there for Tucker's 2nd birthday party!) For those of you who don't know, we met the Sims Christian Homes (the adoption agency we used). I think you'll agree, our two families were blessed with the best there is!!!

Here's Amy and I with our kiddos

Madilyn had a blast playing with all of Tucker's toys!!
It helped me get some good Christmas gift ideas, too :)

Sorry, Tucker! Madilyn still thinks that it's good
to taste toys before you decide whether
they're any good or not!

Here's the star of the party...the birthday boy himself!
Tucker had a "farm" theme party....sooo cute!!

Most of the birthday festivities were held outside,
so we had to bundle up! (This pic was actually
taken in the garage, so it only required
a coat...not gloves and hat)

HeeHee!! How funny is that little bundle?!
It doesn't look like it, but I swear
she had a blast playing outside!

This was the first time since she was a baby that
Madilyn has been bundled up quite this much.
Let me tell you...she HATES to have her gloves and
hat put on. Once she's done throwing her fits and
gets outside, she's quite fine with it, though :)

Tucker's mom really knows how to throw a birthday party -
they rented a bounce house!! Madilyn wasn't quite stable enough
to jump and bounce, but she had fun being bounced by the other kids :)

This little toot...we couldn't get her to smile
for a picture all day. I guess she was in "serious" mode!

Tucker knew how to take control, though!
That little boy knew how to jump!!

How precious is that?! He was eating it up!!

After a little bit, Amy got in the bounce
house with Tucker...yeah, Mommy!!

I just thought it was hard keeping up with Madilyn until
we were there with Tucker...that little boy is ALWAYS on
the move!! We tried to get a pic of him and Madilyn together
in the Rhino, but he couldn't sit still long enough...he wanted
to get up and drive! The camera was the least of his concerns!

The Rhino was used to take us on a hayride!!
Madilyn decided she needed to inspect area
before we loaded up, though :)

...and here we have Ms. Serious again.
Maybe she thought it was just too cold to smile!

All bundled up for the hayride! That's Amy's friend,
Stacy, smiling big for the camera...she's a hoot! :)
Kept me laughing nearly the whole time I was there!

Oops! A small mishap on our hayride. This was one of the times
that Stacy had me laughing so hard...her husband was the one
driving and she kept talking about how embarrassed she was!
No biggie, though - we were back on track in no time.

Our birthday boy did not want to ride on the
back of the hayride...he was much more
interested in being up front with his Daddy!

For a boy who's in love with tractors, his
parents hit the jackpot with this birthday gift!
He got his very own John Deere Gator!

Our sweet friends - Ed, Amy & Tucker :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What fun! I heard about the birthday party before and after, now I got to SEE! Looks like a great celebration!

Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

How precious to see my all-time favorite CH babies together having fun!! I would love to have been there! I hope SOMEONE gave each of them a big Texas Squeeze from YaYa for their birthdays!!
Love, Sherry/YaYa

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers