This is Dr. Carl - there's no doubt that he loves her!
Madilyn loves that he takes such good care of her,
too! We're lucky to have a good friend like him who
we know and trust to take the very best care of her!
Madilyn loves that he takes such good care of her,
too! We're lucky to have a good friend like him who
we know and trust to take the very best care of her!

Since I forgot my camera on our first doctor visit,
I made sure to bring it with me this time!
This is Andrea, Madilyn's nurse. We think she's great,
even though she did give us those awful shots!
Madilyn even gave her a big long stretch to show
her how tall she's gotten!
I made sure to bring it with me this time!
This is Andrea, Madilyn's nurse. We think she's great,
even though she did give us those awful shots!
Madilyn even gave her a big long stretch to show
her how tall she's gotten!

Larry's got a couple other nieces that he's already
had practice with, so he was a natural! I think he's
secretly hoping that Madi's hair will turn out
as red as his! : )
had practice with, so he was a natural! I think he's
secretly hoping that Madi's hair will turn out
as red as his! : )

Donita was with me when we first got the call
about Madilyn. We were both in tears in the
Schlotzsky's parking lot together!
It's good to finally have her here with us!
about Madilyn. We were both in tears in the
Schlotzsky's parking lot together!
It's good to finally have her here with us!

One of my really good friends, Donita, was finally
able to make it over to the house this past weekend
with her boyfriend, Larry, to see Madilyn.
Donita has met her a couple of times already,
but this was Larry's first introduction.
able to make it over to the house this past weekend
with her boyfriend, Larry, to see Madilyn.
Donita has met her a couple of times already,
but this was Larry's first introduction.

My friends at Tyson outdid themselves for our
shower there! We were certainly showered with
a ton of wonderful and very useful gifts!
There's no way that I could possibly show them all,
so I thought I'd just post this one pic of her adorable cake.
It's hard to tell, but that's a little baby sleeping
on some sort of little lily pad. It was precious!
shower there! We were certainly showered with
a ton of wonderful and very useful gifts!
There's no way that I could possibly show them all,
so I thought I'd just post this one pic of her adorable cake.
It's hard to tell, but that's a little baby sleeping
on some sort of little lily pad. It was precious!

It's not the best picture in the world,
but this was just the sweetest thing to me to see
Scott reading Madilyn's bible to her for the first time
(Thomas didn't want to be left out either!)
but this was just the sweetest thing to me to see
Scott reading Madilyn's bible to her for the first time
(Thomas didn't want to be left out either!)

A friend of ours gave us their car seat to use
as a spare if we needed it, and as you can tell,
Thomas, our cat, decided to make good
use of it since we weren't!
as a spare if we needed it, and as you can tell,
Thomas, our cat, decided to make good
use of it since we weren't!

Well, there's not a ton of new pics to add, but we've got a few. Yesterday (12/5), Madilyn went to the doctor for her two-month well child visit, and to get her first set of immunization shots! The good news is that she's in the 75th percentile for both her age and height - certainly not malnourished! She weighs 11 lbs 6 oz, but I can't remember her height...I just remember thinking that it surprised me that she was taller than a lot of other babies her age. Let me tell you...it's all in her torso, because her little legs are still as short as they can be :) Dr. Carl said that she looks perfectly healthy and normal, though, and we continue to be amazed at how she's growing and changing every day!

1 comment:
What a precious girl! It makes me so happy to see you all with her! I wish I could be there to hold her. I got your announcement this week and it was beautiful. Thanks for sending us one. Have a great weekend.
Carrie
Post a Comment