Friday, October 16, 2009

10 Years!!!!

On August 28th, Scott and I celebrated our 10-year wedding anniversary on board a Carribean Cruise to Jamaica, Grand Cayman, & Cozumel. It was by far one of the best vacations we have ever taken. We had such a great time on the cruise, and enjoyed scuba diving in Grand Cayman & Cozumel. We were even able to have a quick visit with some friends from Houston before and after our trip (it was wonderful being able to rely on them for transportation!!) I think Madilyn enjoyed the week with my parents, too, but we were all anxious and excited to be back home together again!

Our first day on board headed out to sea!

The picture is a bit blurry, but I think we make a
pretty good looking couple if I do say so myself!

Believe it or not, this is not a poster I'm standing in front of.
This is actually a picture of our ship in the background that Scott
took in Grand Cayman. That place is just that beautiful!

Good photo op in front of Margaritaville :-)
(The bright green backpack is all of our
scuba gear if you were wondering!)

The wonder in Grand Cayman is so perfect that it's indescribable.
It was beyond beautiful...the clearest, bluest, and
calmest water I've ever seen!

On the boat headed out to our dive location
(I like this picture with our ship in the background)

For anyone who has not been on a cruise before, you sit at the
same table each night and have the same wait staff. These were
our 2 waiters, and they were the best! So friendly, entertaining,
and helpful. By the second day, they already had our
names...and drink preferences memorized!

Notice the merchant tents set up in Jamaica
immediately when you de-board the ship!

I can't say that the streets of Jamaica were very pretty,
but the country itself was beautiful. Just viewing the land as
you arrive, it was the prettiest country to see.

I had never been to Mexico prior to this trip,
so Cozumel was my first real visit to Mexico :-)

You didn't expect Scott to be serious, did you?!

As expected, tips are appreciated EVERYWHERE!

Scott and I actually had a really good time competing
against each other in mini golf on board the ship!

We were also able to participate in a one-mile walk around
the track on-board the ship to help raise money for the
Susan G. Comen breast cancer fight for the cure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cruising looks FUN!! I would like to just "be there", not have to fly or go in a boat (I don't care how big the boat is...remember the Titanic??) Glad you had fun, and wish I could see it all, sans plane and ship of course!
Sherry

Anonymous said...

What a grand way to celebrate your 10th wedding anniversary! Thoroughly enjoyed your photos. Jamaican coffee is wonderful! Dad and I were delighted to care for Madilyn in your absence, and look forward to doing it again!

With love and conratulations,
Mom

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers