I'm going to get a little bit out of order, though, because it's quicker to be able to share our most recent noteworthy pictures. On Wednesday (June 3rd), Madilyn fell at daycare and left quite an impression! I guess if you're going to fall and make a mark, you might as well make it a good one, huh?! Apparently, she had climbed up in a chair and when she turned around to look at her teacher, she lost her balance, fell off the chair and hit a bookcase on her way down (hence the reason her bruise is a straight line). As it would so happen, this event happened just about 5-10 minutes right before I got there to pick her up for the evening, so I took her straight to see Dr. Carl (good thing it was Wednesday evening and we were on our way to see him at church anyway, huh?!) Needless to say, I was a bit upset and worried at first, but I guess it looked a lot worse than it actually was. Knot heads are apparently a good thing since that means the swelling comes out rather than going inside the brain :-)
The swelling is completely gone now, though. All she has left is the remnants of a bruise. I imagine that will be completely gone in the next day or two.
This picture was taken Wed evening after we got home.
It's a little hard to see the knot, but it was the size of
a golf ball sitting there on her forehead!

Luckily, it didn't take long for the swelling to go down.
This is how it looked on Friday morning.

Check back soon for pictures of Madilyn's Memorial Day and First Swimming Lessons Adventures!!

No comments:
Post a Comment